Order Entry & Ticket Handling
Servers and bartenders want a POS system that allows them to effortlessly fulfill customer requests. Whether the customer wants to split a check 10 ways or just switch tables, Dinerware makes it easy for your staff to keep customers happy.
- Transfer tickets to other users
- Change tables
- Customize ticket names
- Split checks
- Share items
- Apply payments to other users’ tickets
- Repeat previously ordered items
- Hold (and release) menu items to kitchen
- Use on-screen keyboard to add special requests
- Change price or quantity of an item
- View ticket details with Ticket Status Display
- Tickets are stored forever – ideal for tabs or catering
Powerful pricing functionality lets you set up automatic promotional discounts, limit which staff members have void and comping privileges and more. Dinerware’s pricing can be customized to perfectly integrate with your restaurant’s existing policies.
- Item price and quantity generates dynamically
- Hide taxes for over-the-bar transactions
- Create taxation rules
- Change similarly-priced items in one step (surcharges, thresholds, GST taxes)
- Create happy hour or other promotional discounts
- Restrict discounts by job
- Suppress hidden discounts on customer prints
- Restrict manual discount availability by item
- Make discounts apply to tickets, items or both
- Add unlimited void reasons with detailed tracking
Create a different menu for each shift without having to re-enter shared items with fully editable menus.
- Add unlimited menu items
- Add unlimited screen categories
- Add unlimited choices (modifiers)
- Place items into multiple screen categories
- Create custom menus for certain jobs
- Select whether choices are optional or required
- Add one or multiple choices
- Reuse choices in as many sets as you like
- Generate additional remote prints using choices
Ensure an informed staff with features that keep everyone connected.
- View countdown item portions remaining
- Use manual override to order items as necessary
- Communicate with staff using internal messaging
- Add a message of the day to the login screen
Your chefs and bartenders have enough to think about. Dinerware takes the guesswork out of course timing, food preparation, and drink staging.
- Print choices in red
- Group similar items on kitchen prints
- Route prints based on job
- Sort tickets by seat position
- Printers can be assigned multiple roles
Flexible payment options let you customize Dinerware to suit your business, not the other way around.
- Inegrated credit and gift cards
- Customize guest check formatting and contents
- Optional receipt printing (great for counter service)
- Unlimited split payments on any ticket
- Split tickets into an unlimited number of payments
- Multiple cash drawers with balance-by-drawer
- Use fast pay to close a ticket in two touches
- Record checks and gift certificates with tips
Simplified labor features allow managers to create new jobs, edit time sheets and look up employee information in seconds.
- Create unlimited jobs
- Automatically calculate overtime pay
- Edit timesheets from any terminal
- Employees show red when close to overtime
- Access complete employee database
- View employees’ personal information
How is your restaurant performing? Dinerware has more than 70 built-in reports that you can access with a few touches—even export the data in several formats.
- Access more than 80 built-in reports
- Instantly access daily reports
- Print on receipt printers, and preview on screen
- Database stores all information permanently
- Track audit trail of items sold
- Create reports from all data with unlimited history
- View reports on screen
- Save reports as PDF, Excel, .csv, .rtf or other formats
- See, access and use the underlying data
How to Select your Point of Sale
If you’re like most restaurateurs, choosing the best POS system for your business can often seem intimidating. It’s a big investment and can have a huge impact on the success and efficiency of your restaurant, bar or cafe.
There are many different systems to choose from and they’re all different. Take the time to analyze your business needs. These are some things to consider when beginning your search for the right system.
DON'T MISTAKE BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR FEATURES
How? It’s simple. Over time, old code patched in with new code increases the risk of deeper
system bugs and glitches that will inevitably crash the system and risk data loss when you
least need it — anytime. This drives the need for a certified technician to schedule a costly
on-site visit. So begins a vicious cycle.
KNOW THAT ALL SOFTWARE IS NOT CREATED EQUAL
Get a thorough demonstration of the software before you buy and to note how easy or difficult it is to do everyday tasks. Ask to be shown how to make changes to the menu, change a price and add an employee. Is it complicated or simple? How easy is it to “undo” a mistake? Picture your server and see from their perspective if this will be easy to use. Count the number of touches required to complete tasks. How long will it take a manager to train
Speak to other restaurateurs that use the product. What does their staff say about its ease of use? By asking questions, trying the systems and making notes about each, you’ll be better able to choose the best system for your restaurant.
All software is not the same so be sure ask questions, see demonstrations and make notes!
DON'T BUY THE HARDWARE FIRST
afford lost data and equipment downtime. Save time, frustration and money – choose the POS software first, then ask the software company about their recommended hardware and operating systems.
BEWARE OF PROPRIETARY SYSTEMS
This software does not conform to open-systems standards, so customers
are at the mercy of a vendor able to charge freely on service and upgrades after the initial
sale has locked the customer in. Because the software is under a restrictive license, other
developers aren’t able to add features.
This software design approach allows other developers to create specialty features that can be added to the main application. It’s a straightforward concept: create technology in a way that allows other technology companies the to create features that “plug into” the basic restaurant POS software. As your establishment grows, so will your
needs. Open architecture enables you to cherry-pick features that fit your exact needs and
compare similar plug-ins from competing vendors.
AND FINALLY....INVESTIGATE PERSONALLY
Dinerware POS is our core restaurant and hospitality operations offering. It is flexible in design and can easily be set up to support a broad variety of restaurant concepts and workflows. Our customers range from full-scale fine dining restaurants to small neighborhood cafes, high-volume nightclubs to smaller independent pubs and taverns, fast casual lunch and breakfast places to franchisee operations, and cafeterias and contract food service operations, to wineries and breweries, golf clubs, hotel properties, casinos, and more.
DOLO lets you leverage technology and your social media presence to extend your business’s reach. Set your delivery settings with Google Maps, send alerts to your customers’ smartphones, automatically sync menu changes, and share your link via your website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, industry blogs, and more.
Home Office is a web-based management tool that allows you to keep up with the details of your business whether you are on-site or not. Home Office gives you a real-time, secure connection to your Dinerware system. You can sign in from any laptop, tablet, or mobile device and access most Dinerware Manager features right over the Internet! No setup, no contract, and a low monthly price.